Re: Feedback on SVGWG's SVG-in-text/html proposal

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Doug Schepers wrote:

> It would very useful for us to know how you are prioritizing your
> upcoming actions.

Right now I'm just going based on the date of the e-mails, oldest e-mail
first, skipping past certain issues that are of lower importance (like
getting the references right). I will be working on Web Forms 2
integration relatively soon, which will take a while. I also prioritise
folders with lots of pending input and deal with those occasionally.

However, if there is something that should be dealt with quicker, drop me
a mail and I'll be happy to change the order to accommodate your needs.

> In particular, what is the timeframe for the various browser vendors to
> seriously consider implementing this feature?  We would like to be
> responsive to these considerations, as far as we are able.

I'm not sure what the current prioritisation of parser-level changes are
in terms of the four major desktop browsers. If any of the vendors have
any input here it would be quite helpful.

I am aware of two implementations of the parser model currently commented
out in the spec, though, at least one of which is being used in a number
of places.

> Resolving this matter is a major priority to the SVG WG, but we also
> have other matters to resolve that may be more urgent, a conundrum that
> I'm sure you appreciate.

Indeed I do.