Re: EXIF metadata

Lachlan Hunt 2008-08-28 03.13:

> Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Lachlan Hunt 2008-08-28 01.48:

>> Do you mean to say that user agents should, without doubt, offer the EXIF
>> information?
>
> No, I didn't mean to say that.  Whether or not UAs should provide direct
> access to the info is a separate issue, unrelated to HTML5.  I only
> raised it as one possible alternative solution to addressing this issue,
> instead of providing a DOM API.  But whatever the right solution, it is
> dependent on getting clear use cases and problem statements from those
> requesting the feature.

I do think that it is formally unrelated to HTML 5 unless a DOM
API is involved. Yesterday we discussed the <video> attribute,
when the possiliy rich accessibility features of the video itself
was used as an argument for saying that "the video itself is
enough - no further fallback is needed".

Hence, it seems valid to also include the accessibilitiy one can
"fetch" from the photo itself when discussing the requirements of
@alt text and so on and so forth.
--
leif halvard silli