Re: Extensibility strategies, was: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

Henri Sivonen wrote:

>>> Hey, that's an interesting proposal. I haven't seen that before.
>>
>> Would using an URI trigger any other behavior, like downloading
>> something from that URI and taking action upon it? Not saying it
>> *should*, just curious if the proposal does that or not.
>

> The very fact that URI-based extensibility inspires that question is a
> problem with URI-based extensibility.

Justin later stated that he was just looking for confirmation that no
lookups are intended.

I agree that sometimes people get this wrong, and that's why it's a good
idea to clearly state what the intended behavior is.

BR, Julian