Re: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

Dan wrote:

> I observe that arguing with the editors on parts of the HTML 5
> design that aren't yet widely implemented is pretty frustrating.
> Ian has little appreciation of consensus (by the way...
> the decision to choose him as editor was not made by consensus
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0909.html )
> and he has perhaps been too intimately involved with HTML 5
> for too long to appreciate the value of due process as the
> project matures.

Something to keep in mind is that the working group decision on
editors was for two editors[1].  Ian was supposed to be an editor. Dan
Hyatt was supposed to be an editor.

In April 2007 regarding his nomination as co-editor, Dave wrote [2] to
Dan on public-html:
> I can assure you that my perspective will not be identical to Ian's.

Back in  November Gregory asked:
> and i am concerned that dave hyatt is a semi-mythical being...  when
> will he speak for himself on list, let alone participate in HTML WG
> teleconferences?

To that Dave replied  [3]:
> I will have more time to participate now that Leopard has shipped.

Dave has posted 46 times to public-html [4]. The last one was five
months ago on March 10.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/htmlbg/results#xhtml5eds
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/1358.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0035.html
[4] http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/advanced_search?keywords=&hdr-1-name=subject&hdr-1-query=&hdr-2-name=from&hdr-2-query=hyatt%40apple.com&hdr-3-name=message-id&hdr-3-query=&period_month=&period_year=&index-grp=Public__FULL&index-type=t&type-index=public-html&resultsperpage=100&sortby=date