Current Status related to WHATWG (was Multipart response support and other new features)

Dan Connolly wrote:
> Our scope is considerably smaller than that.
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#scope

May I ask for some clarification related to WHATWG?  I'm really confused
about how this WG and WHATWG relate:

    * Does WHATWG continue in parallel, and if so how do we reconcile
      the two?
    * Are we starting with the WHATWG spec, or starting from scratch
      potentially incorporating their spec on a piecemeal basis?
    * If we start with their spec, are all decisions they made accepted,
      or are they some decisions open for discussion?
    * If some decisions open for discussion, how will we determine?
    * And any other insight you can give will be appreciated.

BTW, I followed WHATWG and had intended to bring up several issues,
especially with WebForms, but was unable to find the time.  I'm hoping
this WG will allow me to address those issues.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/