Re: face to face meeting host offers for the HTML WG?

Chris Wilson schreef:
> I want to evolve HTML.  I thought at one point, apparently naively, that
> since I could see both sides of the issue - the value of both the WHATWG
> goals and the W3C IP policy and process - that perhaps I could help here
> and make this a better world.  I can't do that and fight personal
> battles at the same time.  I feel I've been doing that, being accused of
> making some kind of secret back-room deals or something that I simply
> haven't been doing.

For what it’s worth, I fully support you being co-chair. Daniel Glazman
can be very… confronting sometimes. I suggest you do not let it get to you.

> Perhaps this just caught me at a bad time; Daniel's
> mail to me seemed to imply that a sizable portion of the group does not
> want me to be co-chair.  If you collectively don't think it's a good
> idea to have me as co-chair, then I'd prefer not to waste my time, and
> I'm sure Dan will do a fine job.  I'm asking for a vote of confidence
> (or not) from the rest of the group.  My feelings are not going to be
> hurt either way.

Althoug I would like to see Microsoft join sooner rather than later,
Daniel Glazman does not voice my opinions or feelings on the matter.

I think you are one of the best chairs this working group can have.

~Grauw