Re: Posting to this list

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If everyone can post to this list (the poster who asked something
> about XHTML2 was not a member), what's the deal with signing the
> patent policy again before you can actually "receive" e-mail being
> sent to this list? That doesn't make much sense to me.
>
> In that case we might be better of reusing www-html...
I tried pretty hard to reuse www-html, actually. But it turned out to be
not feasible;
at least: it wasn't feasible to figure out the policy/mechanics by the
time we chartered
the WG earlier this week.

The policy/mechanics for this public-html list aren't completely ironed
out yet either;
congratulations to you and Opera for figuring them out right away!

I want email from other W3C working groups to get to us without moderation;
I also don't want too much of an artificial boundary between this group and,
for example, the WHATWG, or the OpenID folks, or IETF working groups, etc.

That does mean that stuff can get to this list from parties that haven't
executed
the patent policy forms. I hope we can all manage the associated risks
after the fact,
since preventing it from happening is pretty inconvenient.
One important piece of managing those risks is a public list of the
people who *have*
executed the patent policy forms.

The relevant php script is around somewhere; I'm talking with the systems
guys about how to turn it on... aha! got it...

http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=40318&public=1

That will be linked from the membership section of the WG homepage,
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#who , shortly.

It's late; I just flew back from MIT today, and I get on a plane
to SxSW in Austin 1st thing Monday. There are dozens of requests
to join the HTML WG pending. Karl and I  and the comm/systems team
are working on them. I hope everybody will bear with us as we work thru
them...