Re: Author-friendlier definition of <object> (was Re: fear of "invisible metadata")

At 05:47 -0600 UTC, on 2007-06-28, scott lewis wrote:

[...]

> A "browsing context" consists (basically)
> of a History and a View. The History contains a list of previously-
> viewed HTML Documents (aka web pages) and other media the browser is
> willing to display. The View is, essentially, the content are of the
> browser window.

Right. OK, then "browsing context" may indeed be a necessary term for the
<object> definition. Which only confirms that it takes a lot more work to
make the spec understandable for authors (authors will not understand
"browsing context", let alone its current definition). I toyed with the text
some more without finding anything truly satisfactory. This is getting out of
hand. I can't afford to work on this.

--
Sander Tekelenburg