Re: Common pool of examples and validation

On Wednesday, June 13, 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Yeah, LF, CRLF or CR would work.

Cool.

On Wednesday, June 13, 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> I'm pretty sure a document cannot conform to both HTML4 and HTML5 at  the
> same time due to different doctype requirements.

To the letter of the spec, that is true. [1] But maybe it will change [2].

Are conforming HTML4 documents legitimate test cases? I do, because HTML5
rules will be applied to them [3]. Would indicating HTML4 conformance be a
useful feature of the "conforming.txt" format, even though this prevents
perfect HTML5 conformance in these documents?

[1]
<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-writing.html#the-doctype>
[2] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0318.html>
[3]