Re: dialog vs. dialogue (dl)

On 15/06/07, Nathan Youngman <junkmail@nathany.com> wrote:
> One thing that I thought I'd suggest is <dialogue> if we are to have a tag
> for a conversation. The word <dialog> makes me think of a dialog box,
> something related to a <fieldset>. I realize they are the same word, but I
> think <dialogue> is less confusing with its purpose.

Interesting, I always thought "dialogue" was British and "dialog"
American (like "catalog").  We just tend to use American spelling for
computing don't we?  I thought "dialogue" would be further confusion.

Wikipedia says dialogue is preferred in a non-technical context, so
perhaps you're right:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style_(spelling).

--
Lee