Re: dialog vs. dialogue (dl)

On 15 Jun 2007, at 1240, paul haine wrote:

> I agree with Nathan that <dialogue> has less potential for
> confusion. I'd also be interested to know what <dt> and <dd>
> actually stand for in the context of a <dialog> - wouldn't
> something like <speaker> and <speech> make more sense?

They stand for "dialog talker" and "dialog discourse". Which are not
the most obvious element names, but they do retain the parallelism
between <dialog> and <dl>. (Whether that is a good thing or a bad
thing is another matter.)

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-dialog

scott lewis.