Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:29:15 +0200, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> The first sentence seems to be disconnected from the rest of the
> document:
>
> | HTML5 is different from HTML4 in a way that it addresses both
> | document and application semantics making it more suitable for
> | the web applications created today.
>
> Can you help me see how that relates to any of the specific
> HTML4/HTML5 differences?

It tries to point out that HTML5 focuses on APIs and application markup as
well as document markup. Traditionally HTML has mostly focused on
documents. However, your proposed introduction seems much better.

> I did some noodling on opening paragraphs, and this is what
> I came up with... it's still a little redundant and needs
> polish, but... what do you think?
>
> [...]
>
> p.s. I'm happy to commit this edit, or something close to it, if you
> like.

I edited your contribution and comitted it:

   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/html4-differences/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.7&r2=1.8&f=h

I'm sure you'll let me know if I removed / added / changed something you
feel uncomfortable about :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>