Re: Why HTML should be taught as HTML without pretending it is XML

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:59:44 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

>> Actually, it already requires this for all Document objects: "(This is
>> the case whether or not the document in question is an HTML document or
>> indeed whether it contains any HTML elements at all.)"
>
> What I meant is that HTML5 should require createElement to create
> elements in the HTML namespace for all documents.

But should the argument be lowercased in an XML context? (I don't have an
opinion either way. Opera and Firefox don't lowercase. WebKit now does.)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software