Re: SURVEY: Release "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4" as a W3C Working Draft? formal decision

Dan Connolly wrote:

> The HTML WG co-chairs are persuaded by the argument that publishing
> this diff document before the design principles and the spec
> is somewhat backwards. It seems better to release this
> differences document as a companion to the HTML 5 spec,
> and to work on design principles meanwhile.

If I understand this correctly, it is now proposed that
the first document to be released will be the Design Principles,
and that the HTML 5 draft specification will then be reviewed in
the light of these design principles and any inconsistences
between the Design Principles and the Draft Specification
eliminated by adjustments to the latter.

This will then be followed by a release of the as-amended
Draft Specification for HMTL 5, together with a document
summarising the differences between that draft  specification
and the latest specification for HTML 4.01. If this reading
is correct, then I applaud this decision, with which I whole-
heartedly concur.

Philip Taylor