Re: Underline element.

On Dec 29, 2007 10:39 PM, Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2007 1:19 PM, Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com> wrote:
> > To me: bold, italics and underline are document constructs. They
> > aren't rich in semantics. I agree with the point that it can't be
> > determined what italics "means". But it might make sense to a human,
>
> Even a blind one ?

Yes, on the assumption their UA/AT is able to inform them when bold,
italics and underline are used (in the same way "link" is announced...
I know you didn't think the fact links were blue and underlined was
important to blind people.) It won't be able to announce *why* the
phrase is underlined, they will need to draw their own conclusions -
the same as sighted users.