Re: Heading Element Order (h1 to h6)

Le 5 déc. 2007 à 19:54, James Graham a écrit :
> Per the requirements in section 3.8.11, <blockquote>s are opaque in
> terms of headings i.e. any headings inside blockquotes are not
> considered part of the main document's heading structure. Therefore
> they would presumably also be exempt from any conformance
> requirement on the document's headings.

Yes I understood what was written in the spec. They are not opaque for
XSLT or the DOM, and for style.
It creates challenges when you want to extract the information. I
agree with the definition of opacity, even if it's a bit loosy now.
I should try to come up with a definition or better a series of test
cases and implementing it in
http://www.w3.org/2003/12/semantic-extractor.html

>> Use case 2
>> I'm writing a long document, article. I'm not sure yet about the
>> sections and the level of headings.
>> What the authoring tool should do?
>> Create empty headings?
>
> I have no idea what you're trying to say here. If you're just saying
> that documents undergoing transition may not always be in conforming
> states, I don't see how that is unique to this issue, or
> surprising.  Can you elaborate a bit please?

At which moment, Lachlan suggests that the document conforms? Think
for example a wiki which is in perpetual evolution.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/