Re: Heading Element Order (h1 to h6)

Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 5 déc. 2007 à 17:15, Lachlan Hunt a écrit :
>>  The spec should probably require heading levels to be used in the
>> correct order, so that a lower level heading must be preceded by a
>> higher level heading.
>>
>> e.g. This should be non-conforming.

>> See also.
>> http://www.alistapart.com/comments/previewofhtml5?page=3#23
>

> Use case 1
>
> 1. Reading a blog post, interesting excerpt
> 2. Cut and paste in a blockquote
>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#headings0
>    Which is difficult to handle in terms of CSS.

Per the requirements in section 3.8.11, <blockquote>s are opaque in terms of
headings i.e. any headings inside blockquotes are not considered part of the
main document's heading structure. Therefore they would presumably also be
exempt from any conformance requirement on the document's headings.

> Use case 2
>
> I'm writing a long document, article. I'm not sure yet about the
> sections and the level of headings.
> What the authoring tool should do?
> Create empty headings?

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. If you're just saying that
documents undergoing transition may not always be in conforming states, I don't
see how that is unique to this issue, or surprising.  Can you elaborate a bit
please?