Re: "presentation concerns" out of scope? (detailed review of section 1. Introduction)

Dan Connolly wrote:
> This paragraph contradicts itself:
>
> "The scope of this specification does not include addressing
> presentation concerns (although default rendering rules for Web browsers
> are included at the end of this specification). "
>
> I wouldn't mind striking it. Or perhaps re-phrase positively:
>
>   While HTML documents are typically delivered on bitmapped displays,
>   this specification is intended to be media-independent; while
>   default rendering rules for Web browsers are included at the
>   end of this specification, many details of how HTML documents
>   are rendered on bitmapped displays and other devices are
>   beyond the scope of this specification.

How about:

HTML is intended to be Media Independent. While <hyperlink>Default Rendering
Rules for Web Browsers</hyperlink> are included in this specification, many
details of how HTML documents may be rendered on bitmapped displays and other
devices are outside the scope of HTML.

--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au