Re: User Testing of Accessiblity Features

On 8/30/07, Alastair Campbell <ac@nomensa.com> wrote:

> Tighe K. Lory wrote:
> > An example would be a stockphoto of a person ...
> > Putting in alt text would just clutter up what the screen reader says, and
> > I think make the site less useable.
>
> And my colleague Léonie would argue that if the image conveys something (even "just" emotive), then she would like to know it's there and what it is supposed to represent.
>
> That demonstrates the hard-core usability vs holistic experience divide quite nicely.

I strongly opposed to that, because if you began to explain
illustrative images (which generaly convey emotive, or mood
informations), you will also have to explain the graphical choises of
the website, because a website that uses sharp lines has not the same
emotive  sense that a website that uses round corners...

So it leads directly to have alt even on CSS background images,
because of emotion...

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/