Re: review of content type rules by IETF/HTTP community

Hi Boris,

On Aug 29, 2007, at 11:26 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> I put up some of the rules Gecko follows at http://esw.w3.org/topic/
> HTML/ContentTypeIssues#head-63a838cdbaf10811db05eeb9f2aa8d0b464e1597
>
> Note that I found it very difficult to work with the table as set
> up, because the type determination often depends on more than just
> the server-provided type header.  Also note that some of the
> comparisons are case-sensitive; I indicated those by putting the
> relevant header values in quotes.
>
> I'm not really sure what to make of the various "main resource"
> parts, since you have to decide on a type before you can decide
> which of those applies.  I left all but the HTML part blank.
>
> I'm also not sure what LINK@href(other) really means here, so I
> just question-marked it.

That  LINK@href(other)  refers to when LINK@href points to something
that's not rel='stylesheet' or rel='alternate stylesheet'. This would
be relevant in Gecko mainly for feed, but some other UAs also handle
alternate or next, previous and contents, etc.  It's probably handled
much the same as A@href (I would guess) if its handled at all.

Take care,
Rob