Re: [HDP] Other comments from RI

On 8/24/07, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
> Thanks Olivier for finding ways to suggest an approach that I was struggling
> to put into words.

You're welcome.

> Personally, my inclination when using a date cut-off would be to say just
> versions in force up to 5 years ago.  Remember that the Web itself has only
> been around for a little over 10 years, and I think it is reasonable to
> expect people to upgrade their technology within a 5 year period.

You mean that that for version n of a browser, we would have a cut-off
for version n-1 5 years after the release of the n version ?

Please note that people are still using IE5, and that we need a
critera for abandonned browsers.

And we lack data about developping countries.

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/