Re: review of content type rules by IETF/HTTP community

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:03:52 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Magnus Kristiansen wrote:
>>> Well, at least for Apache httpd the default is *not* to send a
>>> content-type response header when the type is unknown. As far as I can
>>> tell, we're discussing something completely different here: servers
>>> that send an incorrect type.
>>  This does not match my tests. I removed my custom types, and as
>> expected .wmv was served as text/plain. Not just displayed as text, an
>> explicit content-type header.
>
> That would IMHO be a really bad bug.
>
> Doesn't match what I am seeing though. Are you using Apache 2.2?
>
> Best regards, Julian

I see the same behavior on my university's 2.0.49, my own 2.2.3 and a
vanilla 2.2.4 I installed now just to check.

--
Magnus Kristiansen
"Don't worry; the Universe IS out to get you."