Re: [HDP] Response to Review of HTML Design Principles Questionnaire

Joshue O Connor wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Joshue O Connor claimed:
>>> For example accessibility and security are two forces (sic) that
>>> could be at logger heads. In many ways they are opposing
>>> principles. How can we make the web more accessible while still
>>> making it more secure? How can they be reconsiled? Which one will
>>> get the bums rush when the chips are down?
>>
>> I'm not sure what he's basing that claim on, I can't imagine how
>> any security or privacy issue could affect accessibility.
>
> Secure PDFs? [1] Off the top of my head, though its not as bad as it
> was. However, it is not disingenuous to suggest that there is at
> least some tension between security needs and accessibility needs.

PDF Security is actually a form of DRM, which is unrelated to the
security that this principle is about.  DRM is bad for everyone.  This
principle is about ensuring that the spec deals with security holes that
could, for example, compromise the security or privacy of a user,
particularly when scripting is involved.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/