Re: IE's AND EVERYONE ELSE'S object implementation problems (was RE: Baby Steps or Backwards Steps?)

On Aug 21, 2007, at 6:43 PM, Michael A. Puls II wrote:

> On 8/21/07, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 2007-08-21 09:08 -0500, Robert Burns wrote:
>>>  • Mozilla (2.0.0.6): Still images work fine: both small and large.
>>> Time-based media does not load except for the audio track, which
>>> plays automatically on load.
>>
>> Object handling has been significantly rewritten on the trunk.  Try
>> the latest Gran Paradiso alpha if you want to get a sense of current
>> Mozilla behavior:
>>   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/granparadiso/
>
> Yes. As in example:
>
> <object type="application/x-mplayer2" data="image.gif" width="300"
> height="300"></object>
>
> FF2 would load the wmp plugin and have the wmp embed the image, where
> as in FF3 (and Opera), the type is ignored and the server type is
> honored.

But how do these latest versions work with the example I posted? [1][2]

The idea is to have OBJECT work on par with IMG which does reasonable
things without any type hints or height and width set.

[1]: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Aug/att-0027/>
[2] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0785.html>

Take care,
Rob