Re: review of content type rules by IETF/HTTP community

Julian Reschke wrote:
> It would be really nice if there'd be a simple way *for us* to get a
> feeling how big of a problem this is in practice. So I'd really like to
> have a browser that allows me to opt-out of sniffing, or that minimally
> informs me about these kinds of problems.

It seems like this wouldn't be too hard to gauge by implementing the algorithm
as specced as spidering the web for documents labeled as text/plain and looking
for the fraction that are not sniffed as text/plain by the algorithm.

In general I would not expect any mainstream browser to expose an option to turn
off content sniffing in the UI since it would not be understood by the vast
majority of users.