Re: [admin] W3C Wiki migration

aloha!

while i share the views of ben, rob and philip about the loss of user
accounts, modification histories, etc. upon migration of the HTML
WG wiki, if we are to migrate, i would be in favor of MediaWiki, as
long as the wiki administrator enables full support for HTML editing
by setting

$wgRawHtml = true;

in: LocalSettings.php

which would enable the use of HTML/XHTML markup, including important
markup for table accessibility, acronym and abbreviation expansion,
natural language switches, etc.

but the price of improving the WG's wiki must NOT entail losing the
recorded history of the HTML WG wiki as it has developed, as that
would defeat the entire purpose of having a wiki...

gregory.
IMPARTIAL, adj.  Unable to perceive any promise of personal
advantage from espousing either side of a controversy or
adopting either of two conflicting opinions.
                  -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
    Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus@hicom.net
         Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus