Re: Distributed Extensibility

just a reminder.

Le 5 août 2007 à 18:34, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
> This mailing list is predicated on the assumption that text/html is
> worth improving as a means of delivering content to Web browsers.

not only Web browsers.

> The founding materials of this WG seem to make a specific effort to
> sooth XML stake holders that we aren't stepping on the toes of XML
> in other contexts.

     There is a single specification deliverable for the HTML Working
Group, the HTML specification, a platform-neutral and device-
independent design with the following items in scope:

     * A language evolved from HTML4 for describing the semantics of
documents and applications on the World Wide Web. This will be a
complete specification, not a delta specification.
     * An extensible, serialized form of such a language, using XML.
     * A serialized form of such a language using a defined, non-XML
syntax compatible with the 'classic HTML' parsers of existing Web
browsers.
     * Document Object Model (DOM) interfaces providing APIs for such
a language.
     * Forms and common UI widgets such as progress bars, datagrids,
menus, and other controls.
     * APIs for the manipulation of linked media.
     * Editing APIs and user-driven WYSIWYG editing features.

The HTML WG is encouraged to provide a mechanism to permit
independently developed vocabularies such as Internationalization Tag
Set (ITS), Ruby, and RDFa to be mixed into HTML documents. Whether
this occurs through the extensibility mechanism of XML, whether it is
also allowed in the classic HTML serialization, and whether it uses
the DTD and Schema modularization techniques, is for the HTML WG to
determine.

     -- HTML Working Group
     http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html
     Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:48:03 GMT