Re: Detailed review of 3.12.10. The time element

Mihai Sucan wrote:
> 1. "The dateTime DOM attribute must reflect *the datetime content
> attribute*."
>
> I noticed this is a common error in the spec (if others agree it's an
> actual error).
>
> My experience in English tells me that's wrong, knowing what the phrase
> is supposed to mean. The datetime content attribute, sounds like the
> datetime attribute is of content - which is not logical, and confusing.

I don't see what is confusing about it.  The meaning of "content
attribute" and "DOM attribute" is given in the terminology section:

   This specification refers to both HTML and XML attributes and DOM
   attributes, often in the same context. When it is not clear which
   is being referred to, they are referred to as content attributes
   for HTML and XML attributes, and DOM attributes for those from the
   DOM.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#terminology

--
Lachlan Hunt