Re: Request for Decision: HTML5 Proposal

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 13:55 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2007, at 12:50 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 20:46 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd like to request that the chairs call the question (using whatever
> >> decision procedure is appropriate) on the proposal to adopt the
> >> WHATWG specs from Apple, Mozilla and Opera. There has been sufficient
> >> time for discussion, and the public feedback has been overwhelmingly
> >> in favor.
> >
> > I'm interested to hear from a few more people; I have
> > contacted some offlist and indeed, they intend to contribute
> > to the public discussion soon.
> >
> > I'm traveling Thu-Sat this week (see my homepage for details).
> > I intend to get back to this proposal early next week.
> What timeline do you have in mind?

I have in mind to refine the details of the proposal up
to and including a teleconference next week, perhaps Weds 25 Apr
and then to collect responses by WBS survey thru perhaps
Fri 27 Apr, and then announce the decision Tue, 1 May.

I haven't managed to run that timeline by Chris Wilson, FYI.

>  People have had plenty of time to  
> comment already, and I don't want the group held up indefinitely  
> waiting for more feedback. I'd like to see a target date to actually  
> call the question if we don't have significant new feedback by then.
> Regards,
> Maciej
Dan Connolly, W3C
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Received on Wednesday, 18 April 2007 21:26:59 UTC