Re: Versioning and html[5]

At 10:31 -0400 UTC, on 2007-04-15, Denis Boudreau (WebConforme) wrote:

> Morning all,
>
>>> Microsoft could focus on making it easier for webmasters to
>>> recognize their mistakes and fix the code and then any necessary
>>> breakage wouldn't be affecting so many sites.
>
> There's always been a javascript error detection feature integrated
> in the major browsers. Either directly in MSIE or in Netscape through
> typing "javascript" in the adress field. My take is that it wouldn't
> take much effort to integrate the same kind of feature regarding
> valid HTML and CSS.

The web browser iCab[*] includes a HTML/CSS/javascript checker. The size of
iCab's develeopment team is described as "1.25" persons, so it indeed can't
be hard for 'the big 4' to do the same. The problem is that they seem to
think it would scare users to see the browser indicate that there is a
problem with the current web page.

[*] <http://icab.de/>

--
Sander Tekelenburg