Re: Formal definition of HTML5 (was Re: Version information)

On Apr 15, 2007, at 13:02, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> A naïve layout data structure would be proportional to the number
> of slots, but real-world UAs have to do something to avoid using
> that naïve layout data structures or, alternatively, be sure to
> clamp down the permissible size of the table in terms of slots.
>
> (FWIW, Gecko has magic max values for rowspan and colspan and,
> according to the comments in the Gecko source code, Opera and IE
> have the same magic max value for colspan. It appears that WebKit
> does not have such magic values.)

And I am not implying that the layout data structures of Gecko, Opera
and IE are naïve. I don't know where the shared colspan max came
from. The Gecko rowspan max comes from the size of an implementation-
specific bitfield.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi