W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2011

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-28: ISSUE-152, Decisions, TF reports, Last Call schedule

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:35:03 -0400
Message-ID: <4DB9CF77.9070106@intertwingly.net>
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>

Minutes are available at:

http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html

... and are included below:

> W3C <http://www.w3.org/>
>
>
>   - DRAFT -
>
>
>   HTML Weekly Teleconference
>
>
>     28 Apr 2011
>
> Agenda 
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011AprJun/0005.html>
>
>
>     Attendees
>
> Present
> Regrets
>     Gregory_Rosmaita
> Chair
>     Paul Cotton
> Scribe
>     rubys
>
>
>     Contents
>
>     * Topics <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
>          1. ACTION items due by Thursday, April 28
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
>          2. 2. New Issues This Week
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
>          3. Items Closed Last Week
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
>          4. Items Closing This Week
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
>          5. Items Closing Next Week
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
>          6. New Calls this week
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
>          7. New Surveys this week
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
>          8. Decisions this week
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
>          9. Testing Task Force
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
>         10. Accessibility Task Force
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
>         11. Last Call schedule
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
>         12. Applying the ISSUE-131 decision
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item12>
>         13. Applying the ISSUE-147 decision
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item13>
>         14. Apr 22 -May 8 : WG reviews Apr 22 Editor's drafts
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item14>
>         15. Revised draft HTML5 license survey
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item15>
>         16. Other Business
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item16>
>         17. Scribe for next meeting
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item17>
>         18. Adjournment
>             <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#item18>
>     * Summary of Action Items
>       <http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>       ACTION items due by Thursday, April 28
>
> paulc: there are none
>
>
>       2. New Issues This Week
>
> paulc: there are none
>
>
>       Items Closed Last Week
>
> issue-152?
>
> <trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack 
> audio/video resource -- open
>
> <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
>
> <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-152: Handling of additional tracks of a 
> multitrack audio/video resource - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
>
> paulc: the decision is later on the agenda
>
>
>       Items Closing This Week
>
> paulc: there are none
>
>
>       Items Closing Next Week
>
> paulc: there are none
>
>
>       New Calls this week
>
> paulc: there are none
>
>
>       New Surveys this week
>
> paulc: none; but we have an impending survey
> ... on the HTML5 license
>
>
>       Decisions this week
>
> paulc: issue-152 was closed without prejudice
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0687.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on Issue-152 
> multitrack-media-resources: Closed without Prejudice from Sam Ruby on 
> 2011-04-27 (public-html@w3.org from April 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
>
> paulc: the editor has made a set of changes; and work continues via 
> pursuing 5 bug reports
>
>
>       Testing Task Force
>
> krisk: we met as planned on the 19th
>
> <krisk> Notes -> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Apr/0013.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 
> 4/19/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-04-28 
> (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from April 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
>
> krisk: we are down to two bugs and an approved test
> ... some discussion about harness changes (additive only)
> ... there is some discussion about the webapps testing process
> ... some more submissions from ms2ger and henri
> ... still looking for feedback on the attribute reflection tests
>
> paulc: quantitative size of the test suite?
>
> krisk: we have about a 1000 in submission plus another couple of 
> thousand in the pipeline
>
> paulc: the chairs will be providing a report to the AC in mid may, so 
> if you can send a note to the WG after your meeting next week that 
> summarizes the number of approved and pending test that would help
>
> krisk: ok
>
> paulc: any questions?
>
>
>       Accessibility Task Force
>
> janina: media is very active (on issue 152)... it seems that we are 
> still very much on path for the May deadline
> ... we believe that we are down to 4 items in work
> ... continuing to work the bugs
> ... we are working on a defined list of alternative media types
> ... we are working on a canonical list of such types for multiple 
> groups; working on where and how such a list be published (it has 
> applicability outside of HTML5)
>
> <janina> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Track_Kinds
>
> <pimpbot> Title: Track Kinds - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at 
> www.w3.org)
>
> <hober> mark watson?
>
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12544
>
> <pimpbot> 1112544: jfoliot, P3, RESOLVED FIXED, 13MEDIA CONTROLLER 
> requires track kind for in-band tracks
>
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12548
>
> <pimpbot> 1112548: jfoliot, P2, NEW, 13MEDIA CONTROLLER requires 
> onended event
>
> <paulc> resolution of 12548 is pending
>
> janina: not clear that we would agree to proceed to last call unless 
> these bugs are resolved
> ... other activity relates to new features that showed up the spec
>
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11239#c26
>
> <pimpbot> 1111239: schwer, P2, NEW, 13Canvas support accessible caret 
> tracking independent of Focus Ring tracking
>
> <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12548] MEDIA CONTROLLER requires onended event 
> <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Apr/0695.html> 
> 4** [Bug 12547] MEDIA CONTROLLER requires readyState for grouped 
> multitrack 
> <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Apr/0698.html> 
> 4** [Bug 12546] MEDIA CONTROLLER requires autoplay attribute for 
> grouped multitrack 
> <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Apr/0699.
>
> <paulc> Proposed patch: 
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=979
>
> rubys: the change has not been made to the spec yet, it is just a 
> proposed patch
>
> paulc: we will cover this later in the agenda with 131
>
> janina: we have a subteam looking at alternative text; they are on 
> track for submitting a reconsideration request next week
>
> paulc: one issue or several?
>
> janina: plural
>
>
>       Last Call schedule
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0759.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-152 survey and Last Call schedule from Paul 
> Cotton on 2011-03-31 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at 
> lists.w3.org)
>
> paulc: issue 152 survey would have run through tomorrow; instead we 
> had everyone agree for the editor to commit his text as a starting point
> ... working group members should be looking at the editor's draft
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/
>
> <pimpbot> Title: HTML5 (at dev.w3.org)
>
>
>       Applying the ISSUE-131 decision
>
> paulc: editor was initially indicated that he couldn't implement the 
> decision; the editor has posted a possible set of changes and they are 
> under discussion
>
> rubys: I'll also note that Rich posted a delta
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0657.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: Re: CP is incoherent, and the decision is a vague 
> change to the CP from Richard Schwerdtfeger on 2011-04-26 
> (public-html@w3.org from April 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
>
> <paulc> Editor's proposed patch: 
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=979
>
>
>       Applying the ISSUE-147 decision
>
> paulc: initially the chairs didn't mark this bug properly; once this 
> was corrected and brought to the editor's attention, it was promptly 
> addressed
>
>
>       Apr 22 -May 8 : WG reviews Apr 22 Editor's drafts
>
> paulc: original plan was for the WG to review all but 152. The current 
> editor's draft is dated yesterday.
>
> <paulc> Editor's draft: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/ dated April 27
>
> <pimpbot> Title: HTML5 (at dev.w3.org)
>
> paulc: this contains all decisions including 152 and 147, but does not 
> include 131 nor all of the bugs based on the change required for 152
> ... we need to have all of the material implemented by May 8th 
> (approximately 10 days from now)
>
> janina: is this one stable and we should review it?
>
> paulc: definitely
>
> <paulc> ISSUE status page: 
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)
>
> paulc: the above page links to all of the deltas and contains the 
> status (in terms of needs verification)
>
> janina: understood, thank you
>
>
>       Revised draft HTML5 license survey
>
> http://intertwingly.net/tmp/html5-license-poll-v2.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: HTML5 license: Which license should be used for the 
> W3C HTML5 specifications? - Preference Poll - Web-Based Straw-poll and 
> Balloting System (at intertwingly.net)
>
> <paulc> Paul's announcement of V2: 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0666.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: Revised draft HTML5 license survey from Paul Cotton 
> on 2011-04-27 (public-html@w3.org from April 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
>
> paulc: we added an additional question based on a request by Mozilla
> ... there were additional editorial changes
> ... we have several outstanding questions; in particular we have asked 
> for another option to be added:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0696.html
>
> <pimpbot> Title: Mozilla Second Proposal for HTML5 Spec Licence from 
> Gervase Markham on 2011-04-27 (public-html@w3.org from April 2011) (at 
> lists.w3.org)
>
> paulc: we didn't add MIT previously as nobody had specifically requested
> ... we likely need a v3 draft of the license survey
> ... we want to strongly encourage everybody to participate in this 
> survey; this is not a call for objections, it is a preference poll
>
> janina: can you cc the task force?
>
> paulc: I'll forward the announcement (in lieu of cross-posting)
>
>
>       Other Business
>
> janina: regrets for next week (PF is meeting F2F)
>
>
>       Scribe for next meeting
>
> paulc: I'll volunteer to scribe if nobody else does...
>
>
>       Adjournment
>
>
>     Summary of Action Items
>
> [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 28 April 2011 20:35:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC