AW: AW: [QB-UCR] Review comments

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

> Interesting, I had thought that the document was a mix of use cases
> with
> genuine requirements and case studies with lessons. A case study
> being a
> different thing from a use case. I wonder whether renaming the
> concrete
> case studies as such would help with this direction.

Good idea. By title, I will now distinguish between concrete case studies that used the data cube vocabularies and more generic use cases that would benefit from using the data cube vocabulary. From both we derive lessons to the data cube eco-system, not further specifying whether they should be fulfilled by an extension to the vocabulary specification, services or tools. So we would have:

    3.1 SDMX Web Dissemination Use Case
    3.2 Publisher Case Study: UK government financial data from Combined Online Information System (COINS)
    3.3 Publisher Use Case: Publishing Excel Spreadsheets as Linked Data
    3.4 Publisher Use Case: Publishing hierarchically structured data from StatsWales and Open Data Communities
    3.5 Publisher Case Study: Publishing Observational Data Sets about UK Bathing Water Quality
    X.X Publisher Case Study: Site specific weather forecasts from Met Office, the UK's National Weather Service <= your case study inserted and adapted
    3.6 Publisher Case Study: Eurostat SDMX as Linked Data
    3.7 Publisher Case Study: Improving trust in published sustainability information at the Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
    3.8 Consumer Case Study: Simple chart visualisations of (integrated) published statistical data from Environmental Research
    3.9 Consumer Use Case: Visualising published statistical data in Google Public Data Explorer
    3.10 Consumer Use Case: Analysing published statistical data with common OLAP systems
    3.11 Registry Use Case: Registering published statistical data in data catalogs

> I still think the bulk of that section is a case study of the census
> application rather than a generic use case on spreadsheet publishing.
> However, I won't object to leaving as is.

Thanks for leaving me that option. I will try to make the excel spreadsheets use case a more concrete case study, and instead derive the following lessons from this case study and the Google Public Data Explorer use case:

Lessons:
* Publishers may need guidance in conversions from common statistical representations such as CSV, Excel, ARFF etc.
* Consumers may need guidance in conversions into formats that can easily be displayed and further investigated in tools such as Google Data Explorer, R, Weka etc.

Best,

Benedikt