Re: Using versionable artefacts in SDMX-ML

Hi Sarven,

Talking for myself and not formally representing the working group then
I think versioning information for codes and codelists is quite separate
from Data Cube (nee SDMX RDF).

Just as Data Cube chooses to use SKOS then any versioning information
should built separately and be applicable to SKOS and other code
representations, not tied to use within Data Cubes.

Within in the broader RDF world then as well as the OWL annotation
properties there is dct:hasVersion/isVersionOf, there is the W3C status
vocabulary [1] and for the UK registry work [2] (which is how at least
some groups may manage status of codes in codes lists) there is both
version information (including use of owl:versionInfo) but separately
status information (see section [3] for more details on that). The
registry information model does include validity date information and
the API provides a means to access both the status (of the whole code
list or individual codes) at a given date or its entire history trace.

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/sw-vocab-status/ns#
[2]
https://github.com/der/ukl-registry-poc/wiki/Principles-and-concepts#wiki-model