Fictitious people? [was Re: Shall People die?]

[Off-topic for the more important thread.]

On 27/09/12 14:02, Phil Archer wrote:

> person:Person is a sub class of both foaf:Person and schema:Person
> because the latter two include fictitious people - not particularly
> relevant to public sector data exchange.

Public sector data exchange includes people who don't exist, either
deliberately (e.g. artificial persona created by a publisher to protect
privacy) or because that's the nature of the data (e.g. how many member
registrations on public sector social networks are genuine?).

I not convinced that's sufficient grounds to distinguish foaf:Person and
person:Person and doing so prevents people using things like
person:patronymic more broadly.

Dave