Re: ISSUE-4 (privacy-geopriv): GEOPRIV WG proposal for privacy within the API

From: Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:34:01 -0400
Cc: Geolocation Working Group WG <public-geolocation@w3.org>
To: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Doug,

On Mar 26, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Doug Turner wrote:

> matt, I am confused.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought I spelled out clear enough what was
going to happen in the thread on issue-2 [1].

> Issue-2:  Sounds like the tracker for the geopriv proposal we voted
> down.  if so, can we close
> Issue-4:  Sounds like the same as issue-2.  Is this a dup?
>
> We all have spent dozens of hours on Geopriv.  We voted it down at
> the f2f.  UAs that were present were either on the fence or directly
> in opposition.

We resolved to publish without including the proposal [2], but that's
good enough.  I'm fine with the chairs closing it (especially given
John's message earlier [3]), but as I said before we still need the
trail.

> Maybe the only real issue that our WG has is to respond to the IETF
> letter, and move on.

Agreed.

-M

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Mar/0121