Re: best practice property to use for naming a skos:ConceptScheme

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:26:14PM +0100, Simon Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Doesn't answer your question, but:
> The DC terms namespace contains all the elements properties, so http://purl.org/dc/terms/title exists:
> http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-title

AFAIK all the properties from the dc elements namespace have been "copied"
into the dc terms namespace. I believe the main reason for doing this was
to allow domains and ranges to be defined on the properties in the dc terms
namespace. E.g., dcterms:title has range rdfs:Literal, and dcterms:author has
range dcterms:Actor. I think the hope was to support more consistent usage of
properties like dcterms:author (usage of http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/author
is highly variable, and many people will put literals in the object position).

So if you're doing RDF, the http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/ namespace is
effectively deprecated, use http://purl.org/dc/terms/ instead. If you want
to know more, Tom Baker is the man to ask.

Cheers,

Alistair

--
Alistair Miles