Re: SKOS Community Extensions (was Re: Ordering concepts in a Tree display // Where could we place proposed additions to SKOS?)

On 18 January 2011 11:43, Alistair Miles <alimanfoo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 09:14:48AM +0100, Christophe Dupriez wrote:
>> As we cannot mix skos:existingProperty with skos:desiredProperty:
>> * Who could manage a namespace for properties that the community is
>> putting under scrutiny and that one or the other may want to
>> implement?
>> * Where the resulting "additions" RDFS file could be deposited?
>
> I know many folks have been thinking about how to support this kind of
> community-managed namespace, so if anyone has any good ideas then please
> feel free to make a suggestion.
>
> The obvious option is that each person uses their own namespace and
> publishes their own vocabulary, and we use something like the SKOS wiki or
> semanticoverflow.com to keep track of all of these micro-vocabularies.

I'd certainly be interested to see an 'at a glance' view of who else
is defining RDF terms that reference the SKOS core. I'm sure there are
a half-dozen "tagging" proposals that subclass skos:Concept for
example. And in FOAF we have foaf:focus with an rdfs:range of
skos:Concept. Perhaps sindice.com could be used to track down more of
these?

Re general tooling for a common ns, I'm not sure. RDFa and a text
editor + svn? Could even use something very plain like wordpress and
edit via Web...?

cheers,

Dan