Re: [dxwg] Definition of "Schema" (as opposed to profile) (#195)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:37:59 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@kcoyle ok I'll do the extraction myself, and now :-)
This is what I'm interested in:

> a "schema" is an implementation of a profile using a specific formalisation (e. g. ShEx or XML Schema)
> a [profile expression/descriptor/component whatever we'll use in the profile guidance doc] is an an implementation of a profile in a specific formalisation and thus _can_ be a "schema"

Thanks for putting a link to this in section 3. Actually on second thought it may better fit with the explanation about how a profile is published (section 4) rather than the roles of profiles (section 3). But anyway having the reminder in section 3 will be perfect enough for the moment!

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195#issuecomment-468342972 using your GitHub account