Re: [dxwg] Definition of "Schema" (as opposed to profile) (#195)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:18:39 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
As the one who created this issue almost a year ago, I have the impression that we have moved far away from my original question that was "how do we define 'schema' as opposed to 'profile'" where a "schema" is an implementation of a profile using a specific formalisation (e. g. ShEx or XML Schema). In my opinion this is being taken care of by the profiles ontology, particularly through the classes [`Profile`](https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/profilesont/#Class:Profile) (="profile") and [`ResourceDescriptor`](https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/profilesont/#Class:ResourceDescriptor) (that might be an implementation of a profile in a specific formalisation and thus _can_ be a "schema").
Thus I'd say that this issue is resolved and can be closed.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195#issuecomment-468197758 using your GitHub account