Re: [dxwg] Dataset citation [RDSC]

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 23:33:56 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I'd like to revitalize this issue in light of the work since the last post here on profiles.

It may be possible to make a profile (a Profile Dec Ont *Profile*) of DCAT2018 that adheres to DataCite. Then, if the Profile includes an *Implementation Resource Descriptor* that, in turn, includes machine-readable constraints, it will be possible to validate whether a particular instance of DCAT2018 adheres to the profile and thus if it's able to be used to generate DataCite-specified citations.

Specifically:
We could make a SHACL *Implementation Resource Descriptor* for a DCAT2018 DataCite *Profile* along the lines of the points Adrea expressed in the Use Case for this work:  [ID10](https://www.w3.org/TR/dcat-ucr/#ID10) to test out DCAT2018/DataCite alignment, validation and aspects of the Profiling Ont.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/61#issuecomment-391173773 using your GitHub account