Re: Actions for all of us — from today's call

Hi Hadley, Deirdre, Bernadette, Laufer,

To report on action A., I just add a look at the use-cases 14 and 17, and
also the rest of the document. The use-cases are fine but in the rest of
the document I found this section to be rather vague :
4. General Challenges

Extracted from all use-cases...
Metadata
Granularity
Data Formats
Data Vocabularies
Data selection
Data access
Sensitive Data
Data Usage
Identification
Industry-reuse
Provenance
Licenses

Maybe we could add a one-liner summary next to the bullet points and also
link these to the points found in section 5 ?

Speaking about Section 5, I found that one to be too imprecise :
R-PersArchiving

* It should be possible to archive data *

*Motivation:* DigitalArchivingofLinkedData<http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/w3c/dwbp/blob/master/usecasesv1.html#UC-DigitalArchivingofLinkedData>

I know that to this point we don't have much clue about what should be
precisely done there, we even still have to define the scope, but phrased
as such I'm not sure this point brings anything to the use-cases. It sounds
to me like having another requirement that reads "it should be possible to
use data" would be as informative/useful - and we don't have that one. We
can also wonder whether the metadata should be archived(able) too.
I also don't see how we can have some requirement with "*Motivation:* ??"
when we agreed (if I remember correctly) that all the requirement would be
derived from our use-cases. We should get rid of all the "??" and ground
all the parts of Section 5 to some of the use-cases from Section 3 (and/or
the challenges derived from this section)

Action B is done ;-)

Action C : the document looks fine to me but AFAIK archivists define a lot
more type of meta-data, though I could not find any list to share. I'll get
back on that with people that can provide this list and add a link in the
wiki page.

Cheers,
Christophe

--
Onderzoeker
+31(0)6 14576494

*Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)*

DANS bevordert duurzame toegang tot digitale onderzoeksgegevens. Kijk op
www.dans.knaw.nl voor meer informatie. DANS is een instituut van KNAW en
NWO.

Let op, per 1 januari hebben we een nieuw adres:

DANS | Anna van Saksenlaan 51 | 2593 HW Den Haag | Postbus 93067 | 2509 AB
Den Haag | +31 70 349 44 50 | info@dans.knaw.nl <info@dans.kn> |
www.dans.knaw.nl

*Let's build a World Wide Semantic Web!*
http://worldwidesemanticweb.org/

*e-Humanities Group (KNAW)*
[image: eHumanities] <http://www.ehumanities.nl/>