Re: Taxonomy of legal 6bases

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 09:33:50 +0200
To: public-dpvcg@w3.org
Cc: "Harshvardhan J. Pandit" <me@harshp.com>, Bud Bruegger <uld613@datenschutzzentrum.de>
On Mittwoch, 3. April 2019 17:00:12 CEST Harshvardhan J. Pandit wrote:
> I agree that legal references follow the particular format (based on
> Article-Para...), however my argument was for a more "human-readable" or
> "layman-friendly" name such as consent or legitimate interest with a
> reference to its 'source' or 'definition' provided by the
> Article-Para... reference.

You can do that additionally. But please please also provide a URI for the
legal text you cite. Note that there is a protocol for doing so IMHO within
the ECLI/ELI - system

GDPR has ELI
http://data.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj

Note that the ELI system has not yet designed fragment identifiers that would
allow to reference a part of an article and paragraph.

We could invent one and just ask the publications office and the ELI WG how
they imagine doing it.

In our case, referring to could would say:

http://data.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj#9-1-h

 --Rigo