Concrete REST proposal timing and status

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:39:12 -0500
To: ext Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, ext Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, ext Kenton Varda <kenton@google.com>
Mark

It is important the the WG make good and timely decisions regarding
REST and its deliverables. The WG  has been discussing REST in general
terms for some time but needs to  make decisions and move on soon, so
that we can make progress before  the next F2F.  Without a concrete
proposal we will need at some point to decide to continue with our
current contributions.

The DAP WG agreed to the following resolution on the last call, 10
February 2010 [1]:

RESOLUTION: if the WG does not have a concrete REST proposal including
policy concerns, in 2 weeks, we will move forward with existing policy
and API plans

It was indicated on the call that a proposal is already almost ready,
so we felt  this was a reasonable resolution. I believe you offered to
make a proposal, though I cannot find an ACTION in tracker.  Can you
please share the proposal or  indicate the status?

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group