Re: sh:Shape and rdfs:class

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> This may be related to the question of inferencing, but the spec says
> (2.1.2.1)
>
> "If, in the shapes graph, a shape is an instance of both sh:Shape and
> rdfs:Class the shape must get an implicit class scope of the class IRI and
> the sh:scopeClass triple may be omitted."
>
> Given that everything that is an instance of sh:Shape is a subclass of
> rdfs:Resource, and that rdfs:Resource is a subclass of rdfs:Class, aren't
> all instances of sh:Shape also instances of rdfs:Class? Or does this mean
> that both must be explicitly declared in the shape graph?

(Irene replied to this)

> Thanks,
> kc
>
> p.s. shape graph or shapes graph? it's "a shape" but "a shapes graph" in
> the text. It's easier to say "shapes graph" but it looks odd to me to
> switch from singular to plural.

Thanks again Karen,  I updated
<https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commit/1d8b815fb4d95b314e4d7659a409ce3d635cbe4a>
all "shape graph" occurrences to "shapes graph"

Would it be "instance shape" or "instance shapes"?

I'd rather avoid that, it will get us back in the "shacl vs rdfs instance"
discussion

Thanks,
Dimitris

--
Dimitris Kontokostas
Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia Association