Re: creating a formal definitions portion for the SHACL WD

(Moved to WG mailing list, from public list)

The current organization is the result of discussions with WG members
who suggested a separation into Core and Advanced parts. This has lead
to a separation of aspects that - from a logical point of view - would
belong together. Technically it would be possible to start the document
with Templates, then formalize the algorithms and then simply list the
various built-in templates at the end.

At the same time, an average reader would likely prefer the current
separation. I believe some people feel very strongly about the
separation between core and advanced parts, so it may be difficult to
reopen that can of worms.

Having said this, I welcome other suggestions for the structure, e.g. as
a branch of the document on github. Like with many other topics, we now
have a specific starting point, and if anyone has better suggestions
then they should IMHO make similarly specific suggestions.

Holger