Re: Suggestions for test cases framework

On 5/22/2015 16:09, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo wrote:
> - If SHACL is expressed in itself then many sht:WellFormedSchema test
> cases can be handled with sht:Validate
>
> I think it will be useful to have tests that check that something is a
> well formed schema or not. Even if the input is well formed RDF, that
> doesn't mean that it will be well be a well formed Shape.
>
> The example that I gave yesterday was a shape were the value of
> "sh:allowedValues" were not a rdf:list.

Yes, but if you validate a SHACL file against the shacl.ttl system file
then this would be flagged as an sh:Error; violation of the sh:valueType in:

sh:AbstractAllowedValuesPropertyConstraint
     sh:argument [
         sh:predicate sh:allowedValues ;
         sh:valueType rdf:List ;   # HERE
         rdfs:label "allowed values" ;
         rdfs:comment "The rdf:List containing the allowed values of the
property." ;
     ] ;

There are some other constraints already formalized, e.g. that a
sh:PropertyConstraint cannot have both sh:datatype and sh:valueType. We
could and should add more, and thus expose the benefits from our own
test cases to everyone.

Thanks,
Holger