Re: [css-writing-modes-3] the "T" in text-orientation-mixed-001

Le 2015-08-16 04:16, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> Kazuaki,
>
> [src]
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-mixed-001.xht
>
> [nightly-unstable]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/text-orientation-mixed-001.htm
>
> This test will require some explanations and probably some adjustments
> too.
>
> First of all, the T used for the test is not a T Unicode Character
> 'LATIN CAPITAL LETTER T' (decimal code is 84; hexadecimal code is 54)
> but rather Unicode Character 'FULLWIDTH LATIN CAPITAL LETTER T'
> (decimal code is 65332; hexadecimal code is FF34).
> Was this intentional? ... and part of the test?
>
> The text assert does not make any mention of this and the test assert
> makes no mention of why the T does not rotate like other characters.
> That's why I started to look into this test.
>
> TakaoPGothic font, which is a system font on my system, will be used
> to display that T (decimal code is 65332); my system is not going to
> use the embedded font (DejaVuSerif-webfont.woff) for that character.

Kazuaki,

With Firefox 43.0a1 buildID=20150815090753, TakaoPGothic font is used to
display that T (decimal code is 65332) in your
text-orientation-mixed-001 test.

With Firefox 40, NanumMyeongjo font is used to display that T (decimal
code is 65332) in your text-orientation-mixed-001 test.

With Chrome 46.0.2478.0, "Droid Sans Fallback" font is used to display
that T (decimal code is 65332) in your text-orientation-mixed-001 test.

> This can explain the difference between the image and the rendering as
> far as both T are involved.
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/T-in-text-orientation-mixed-001-test.html

Firefox 43 uses NanumMyeongjo font, which is a font system on my system,
for that page while Chrome 46 again uses "Droid Sans Fallback".

I think one way to work around the font required to render that T
(decimal code is 65332) character in your text-orientation-mixed-001
test would be to declare it specifically, intentionally and deliberately
for "Droid Sans Fallback" font, like this:

Fallback';">T</span>ext sample</div>

[I just tried this with Firefox 40 and Firefox 43 and it works
perfectly.]

Then do the same kind of research for Windows 8+ and Mac OS X Intel
10.10.x with Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers.

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates

CSS Naming Guidelines