Re: Proposal to refactor the CSS test repo

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:00:06 -0700
To: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
Cc: Rebecca Hauck <rhauck@adobe.com>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
On Wednesday 2014-04-23 17:34 -0700, Peter Linss wrote:
> Is the pain on your end that you'd need for the Mozilla tests to stay under a common directory or that the Mozilla repository would have to be refactored so that it could be mapped to the csswg repo?

They don't necessarily need to be in *one* common directory, but it
seems helpful to have them separated so that importing can be done
easily (including dealing with test removal, which certainly happens
sometimes as a result of spec changes).

I think it's also perhaps been useful to have some concept of
ownership, given that we don't (I think) have the resources to deal
with updating tests for spec changes in a better way, when
implementors are updating to match the same spec change at different
times.

Then again, I don't think any of the specs for which we've
contributed tests in this way have advanced through the process yet,
so it might be too early to judge the overall result.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.