Re: Text-orientation and text-underline-position tests (text-orientation-mixed-001)

Le Ven 15 mars 2013 3:29, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

> Kazuaki,
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/ktakemura/submitted/text-orientation-mixed-001.xht

> This text-orientation-mixed-001.png image has smooth edges, anti-aliased
> edges but the div#vertical has aliased edges. I have right now no idea
> how to work around this, except by using Ahem font. Some browsers like
> Opera under Linux (and only under Linux) will anti-alias text by
> default.
>
> Over here, between DejaVuSerif-webfont.woff and the
> text-orientation-mixed-001.png, the "e" glyphs are different, slightly
> different but noticeable; the "a" are also a bit different.
> This could be because DejaVuSerif-webfont.woff is based on version 2.29
> (2010-12-23) while, on my system, when creating that image with, say,
> GIMP 2.8.2, I would be using DejaVu Serif version 2.33 (2011-02-27)
> which could be different. Also, the tool by which we create .woff could
> be inaccurate too.

Johnathan Kew also wrote me 3 weeks ago this about sfnt2woff:

"
By way of a small warning, I should perhaps note that the code
you're using has not been touched (or even looked at) in a -long- time,
so I'm not completely confident that the woff files it creates are
necessarily 100% conformant with the final version of the woff spec.
Although I am not aware of any specific incompatibilities, this may be
something to bear in mind if you do encounter any problems using files
created by that tool.
"

Gérard

> "
> I would suggest being cautious about using subsetting tools if you don't
> know much about their quality or where their deficiencies lie. There are
> many tools that will create all sorts of funky problems (bad cmaps,
> incorrect or inconsistent tables, etc.).
> "
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2013Feb/0037.html
>
> and this DejaVuSerif-webfont.woff is a subset of DejaVu Serif (only
> English glyphs).

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: